CERCLA Branch.

Board (SHW)

Financial Assistance

Laws & Rules

Permit Wizard


Public Notices

Records Request

Interactive Map

Search Tools


Superfund Branch

UST Branch

About DERR


Contact DERR

Organization Chart

DERR Home > CERCLA Branch > Spills

CERCLA Branch: Spills

Reporting Routine Environmental Incidents

Regulated industry, permitted facilities, waste transporters and others are required by federal and/or state laws or regulations to report chemical spills and other environmental incidents within certain time frames, depending on the type of incident. Some incidents may also require the responsible party to notify the National Response Center at (1-800-424-8802).

The table below shows examples of routine environmental incidents and which Division within the Department should be contacted during office hours. Routine incidents such as air pollution control device breakdowns, exceeding opacity, water discharge permit conditions, or some other similar routine event should be reported directly to the appropriate Division during normal business hours. Call the specific Division with any questions you may have.

Contact Information

Type of Incident UDEQ Division Business Hours Phone
Air Pollution Control Device Breakdowns Air Quality 801-536-4000
Exceeding Permit Limits Drinking Water 801-536-4200
Hazardous Waste Spills Solid & Hazardous Waste 801-536-0200
Radiological Materials Radiation Control 801-536-4250
Releases that may Affect Waters of the State Water Quality 801-536-4300
Petroleum Releases from a UST Facility Environmental Response & Remediation 801-536-4100

Reporting Significant Environmental Incidents


Other Resources